Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Begining

Welcome to my new blog :)

I had the idea to create this new blog just a few days ago. I am not yet sure if creating a new blog for this specific subject is the best decision. I already have an Englisg blog, which I named "Egyptian Mind". After all, I can't think of myself as a "fluent" writer in English. I studied French in college, and all my English comes from my school years back in Egypt (not even language schools), then my readings once I found myself in the USA, where buying English books was the easiest of options. In this blog, I want to share my experience with religion. I am a Muslim born, but I seem to be closer to a Muslim convert in heart and in mind. When I was about 20 year-old, I had an experience and I made a decision, which led to completely renew my relationship with my religion. I will talk about that in this blog, and I will try to explore and share with others why I have chosen to revert to Islam and why I am still chosing to remain a Muslim. I am not teaching anything to anyone, I am sharing what I know and what I believe. It's a way of self-discovery. It's also a little bridge to non Muslims who want to understand Islam from an insider, from a regular Muslim who knows why he has chosen to be so.

2 comments:

dr.Roufy said...

great work

hope to see more & more
in your new blog

Mohamed Shedou محمد شدو said...

Thanks ya doctor for your visit, great to know that you like the idea.